Estonian Parcelsea acquires Cleveron’s network of private parcel machines
The Tallinn-based ParcelSea, a parcel vending machine company, has announced its acquisition of Cleveron’s network of private parcel lockers, with the aim of creating a single open standard for smart mailboxes. The amount of the transaction was not disclosed.
- Founded by former Cleveron executives Andres Sampka and Indrek Jurgenson in 2020, Parcelsea provides the pickup locker that accepts packages, groceries, and food deliveries. The solution is available for rental or buyout and is integration-free. The courier comes and chooses the appropriate section for the package or grocery bag, locks the door, and that’s it. When the terminal is locked, the owner receives a text message, goes to the terminal, enters the code, and takes out the goods.
- Estonian company Cleveron develops parcel lockers and robots to streamline delivery services. Cleveron claims its solutions helps to:
- reduce last-mile delivery costs
- enhance parcel delivery and return operations
- improve the omnichannel customer experience
- Under the transaction, all current Cleveron private parcel lockers will be replaced by Parcelsea smart mailboxes. It will allow Parcelsea to test new services more efficiently and to develop faster the smart mailbox solution. Also, the Parcelsea’s open solution can already be used by all courier companies and e-shops in Estonia.
“We appreciate Cleveron’s work as a pioneer in private parcel machines, and we are looking forward to continuing to develop new, convenient and, from the customer’s point of view, cheaper last mile services. Using a personal smart mailbox today emits 3-10 times fewer emissions than alternative options. For a smart postbox to reach every household, the cost of the last mile from the e-store to the customer must become cheaper for the merchant, the courier and the customer. This is what our team is working towards.”Andres Sampka, founder and CEO of Parcelsea, commented on the acquisition.
- Recently, Parcelsea started a partnership with Omniva. So, the acquisition will allow clients of Cleveron to benefit from all Parcelsea’s additional services: home parcel delivery and return, bed linen and single item laundering and future additional services at the regular parcel machine price with Omniva.