Finnish Butterfly Ventures co-led a $2M Pre-Series A round for Reactional Music
13 April, 2023, 16:34
The Stockholm-based Reactional Music has closed a new $2 million funding round led by Amanotes and Butterfly Ventures. The funds will be used to continue its music licensing operations and scaling the team.
- Reactional Music develops a rules-based music engine and delivery platform that connects the music and games industries. The startup claims that it allows any music to be brought into a game and the entire game’s visuals, music and sound to react live to that music.
- Reactional works on several pilot projects. The Reactional Engine is also being used in a commercially available game for PS5 and PS VR2. The platform will be launched in 2023. The company has also completed multiple music rights agreements with commercial and production music rights holders, including Hipgnosis Song Management.
- The investors in the fresh round include:
- Butterfly Ventures, Helsinki-based deep tech seed entry impact-focused VC fund which has invested in over 90 companies and 240 investment rounds. Founded in 2012, Butterfly has offices in Stockholm, Helsinki, Oulu, Copenhagen, and Tallinn. Its recent investment was in November 2022, when the fund co-led €820,000 seed round for Oulu-based thermal management company CooliBlade.
- Amanotes, claimed to be the number one mobile music games publisher in the world and Southeast Asia’s biggest mobile apps’ publisher. It has over 2.8 billion downloads and 100+ million monthly active users.
- The investment will be used to deliver the Reactional beta platform and SDK to developers, continue its music licensing operations, and scaling the team across development, technical support, and music supervision.