Latvia-based AI planning tool Aimy secures €250k from Vntrs
Riga-based startup Aimy has secured €250,000 investment for its AI-powered staff planning tool. Vntrs, the Nordic-Baltic venture studio, provided the funds, to boost the startup’s growth and competence on the market.
- Aimy was founded in 2018 in Norway by Sander Ripman Seim, but now it is based in Riga, Latvia. The company offers AI staffing optimisation tool that ensures automatic and ever-increasing accuracy. This, in part, leads to optimal utilisation of the workforce by eliminating both over- and understaffing.
- With the solution, retailers can plan staffing up to 15 months ahead. And currently, it is already used by 90 shops across Northern Europe.
- Vntrs provided the fresh funding, which was its first investment in Latvia. Vntrs is a Stockholm-based venture studio investing in tech startup companies across the Nordic-Baltic region. The firm has helped over 25 startups in early stages to build their product and their business.
“This collaboration is an important step for both companies as we look forward to expanding our presence in the country and beyond. We’re very impressed with what the founder, Sander Ripman Seim, and the whole Aimy team has accomplished so far and how they are working with large enterprise retail customers and creating a positive impact for clients and colleagues,”Kristaps Prūsis, Partner and CEO at Vntrs, comments.
- Earlier, the startup also received the support from the Latvian startup association Startin.LV and the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia. As well as Innovation Norway and the Latvian Business Angel Network, which allowed Aimy to gain its footing in Riga.
- Aimy will spend the fresh capital on boosting its growth across the region as well as building up a competence centre for tech in Riga.