Founder of Zakaz.ua launches robotics startup Instock, raising $4.6M
05 May, 2023, 11:34
Ukrainian serial entrepreneur Yehor Anchyshkin has launched a new startup called Instock. It already secured a seed round in the amount of $4.6 million. Anchyshkin told AIN.Capital details of the project.
- The team started working on Instock back in 2020, but announced the public launch in May 2023.
- The project secured $3 million from the funds One Way Ventures, Lux Capital, and Commerce VC, as well as $1.6 million from business angels.
- The startup is working on a Robotics-as-a-Service (RaaS) solution for e-commerce clients. It is an automated service for warehouses and operations with orders. You can see how it works in the video:
“Less than 20% of warehouses and less than 1% of stores have automation/robots. Robots are expensive and difficult to maintain. We are developing robots for e-commerce, which should be no more difficult to operate than robotic vacuum cleaners,”Anchyshkin explains.
- The startup operates in the USA, but most of the development team has been working in Ukraine since the beginning. Its product is designed primarily for retail and 3PL companies (those who collect e-commerce orders).
“We’re targeting smaller installations where our automation colleagues can’t install their systems,”Anchyshkin explains.
- Yehor Anchyshkin had already launched several companies before Instock. One of his prominent projects is the Ukrainian supermarket delivery service Zakaz.ua (the entrepreneur is signed off from this project at the moment). And his first company, Viewdle, was bought by Google back in 2012.
You must be logged in to post a comment.