Venture investments in Ukraine fell by 74% during 2022 — DealBook report
25 May, 2023, 09:52
The investment firm AVentures Capital has published another research of the venture and IT market of Ukraine. This time, for the year 2022.
- The study collected data on the main deals that took place during the year and on the volume of venture capital investments.
- In 2022, the volume of investment fell by 74% compared to 2021. This decrease is partly explained by the general global economic trends: in 2021-2022, the volume of venture investments in the EU and the USA decreased by 20-30%.
- The majority of Ukrainian companies showed growth even despite the falling value of new investments.
- Four Ukrainian companies raised 62% of the total amount of investments for 2022:
- Global companies continue to show interest in Ukrainian businesses, according to the research. The largest exits involving Ukrainian companies in 2022 are:
- The research also identified the funds and investment companies that invested most actively in Ukrainian projects: