Estonian ticket marketplace Piletilevi Group acquires 80.2% of Romanian Bilete.ro
06 July, 2023, 17:39
- Bucharest-based Bilete.ro was founded in 2006 and supplies solutions for the purchase of tickets for a wide range of cultural, sports, indoor or outdoor events. The company claims it sells over 1.5 million tickets per year and has 1 million website visitors per month.
- Bilete.ro’s has a team of 40 and 1,600 partner sales points across the country, with more than 300 customers in all fields of events. Among its main areas are sports, electronic music festivals, children’s entertainment, and theater.
- Piletilevi is the largest online ticket selling network in Estonia that provides event promoters ticket selling and marketing services. The company sells nearly 7.5 million tickets to more than 30,000 events a year. Piletilevi Group was a mediate such artists as Metallica, Rammstein, Ed Sheeran, Måneskin, Imagine Dragons, The Weeknd, Depeche Mode, and many others.
- Piletilevi Group has acquired an 80.2% stake, with 19.8% retained by the current shareholders of Bilete.ro, Andreea Pop, Ion Stanciulea, and Razvan-Teodor Opran. Andrea Pop will continue as the CEO of the company.
- The deal will mark the beginning of Piletilevi Group’s geographical expansion, which was supposed to start earlier, but was hold because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine.