Speedinvest leads a €4.1M round for French fintech startup finres
Paris-based decision-making startup that underwrites climate and price risks, finres has secured €4.1 million led by Austrian Speedinvest. The fresh round will enable startup to press forward with R&D activities, and increase its presence, Tech.eu informs.
- Launched in 2019 by Florent Baarsch, former senior economist at the World Bank and the United Nations, finres develops the AI-assisted decision-making platforms that underwrites climate and price risks to reveal investment opportunities that support agricultural resilience.
- finres operates in 32 countries. Among its partners are the World Bank, the United Nations, BDP Bolivia, and AFD.
- The Vienna-based Speedinvest led the current round. Recently, the firm joined a $31 million round for FERNRIDE, a German electric trucking company.
- In the round participated UK-based Illuminate Financial, a venture capital firm dedicated to fintech and enterprise software companies, French AFI Ventures, Kima Ventures, Raise Sherpas, Better Angle, and the US-based Tiny VC. Angel investors also joined the investment.
- finres will use the fresh funding round to accelerate the launch of its platform, ResADM, which is already in an advanced stage of development, scale its presence more widely in Africa, the US, Asia, and Europe, and intensify its R&D efforts.