Poland’s Fungies.io closes $850k round to build Shopify for the gaming industry
Fungies.io, the developer of a no-code SaaS platform for indie gaming studios, has announced the closing of $850,000 pre-seed round from DEPO Ventures, Czechfounders.VC, Necto Labs, CV VC, Outlier Ventures, Tatum, and StartupYard. Fungies.io plans to expand its product team and launch the first version of its platform.
- Founded in 2022 by Duke Vu and Wojciech Harzowski, Fungies.io’s team is based in Poland with an office in Palo Alto, California. The startup builds a gaming commerce platform enabling game studios to establish their own web shops, and sale games to players without intermediaries like Steam.
- Fungies.io is positioned as an alternative and additional game distribution channel that allows game studios to enhance sales while effectively reducing costs. It also offers a range of customization options, including color schemes, fonts, layouts, and more. The platform integrates with Stripe, providing players with a diverse range of payment methods, including credit cards and over 250 alternative options for purchasing games or in-game items.
Investors in the fresh round include:
- Prague-based DEPO Ventures, one of the new VC funds launched in Central and Eastern Europe. Among its recent investment is a $1.3 million round for Ukrainian-founded data observability startup Masthead Data raises.
- Czechfounders.VC, the founder-centric venture capital firm focused on early stage startups.
- Necto Labs, an open-source innovation lab driven by R&D, venture funding and strategic collaborations.
- CV VC, Swiss investment company, where cutting-edge blockchain technology meets traditional venture capital.
- Outlier Ventures, London-based venture capital firm that seeks to invest in business products, business services, consumer products, consumer services, financial services, healthcare, information technology, blockchain.
The startup plans to integrate with a multitude of third-party apps, including Mailchimp, Zapier, Intercom, and numerous marketing tools, and to extend its services. In addition, Fungies.io aims to launch its platform by the end of September 2023 and onboard 2,000 game developers and publishers via it.