Ukrainian deeptech Zibra AI raises $500k from a16z Speedrun
Kyiv-based Zibra AI, a startup that specializes in AI-generated 3D assets for games and virtual environments, has raised $500,000 to kick-start its fresh seed round. The investment was received from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) Speedrun accelerator.
- Founded by Alex Petrenko in 2021, ZibraAI builds a platform for creating AI-based assets for any virtual world or experience. Currently, the company is focused on two core layers — Zibra Effects & Zibra Generation:
- Zibra Effects is a multipurpose tool set, designed to simplify VFX creation by leveraging real-time 3D simulation and realistic physics. It already consists of three major functions: Zibra Liquids Pro, Zibra Smoke & Fire, and Zibra Cloth. It also can be used across PC and Mac, iOS and Android, consoles and VR/AR.
- Zibra Generation utilizes the power of generative AI to semi-automate the addition of 3D content to virtual environments. Powered by an ML layer, it’s focused on creating solutions that help to generate production-ready 3D objects, PBR materials, and textures from almost any input.
- In 2022, the company raised a $1.2 million pre-seed round from Gismart, SID Venture Partners, and angels.
- The fresh round was led by Speedrun, a 6-week startup school for gaming firms, from venture capital giant Andreessen Horowitz (a16z). It provides funding and coaching for pre-seed game tech startups.
- Zibra AI aims to use the funding round to expand its team and accelerate the growth of its AI technology.