Finnish startup Return Entertainment secures investment from Samsung Next
Helsinki-based gaming studio Return Entertainment has announced a newly secured investment from Samsung Next. The funds will support the company on its mission to reinvent gaming with cloud-native technology, Arctic Startup reports.
- Established in 2019, Return Entertainment makes bite-sized AAA games and technology for the next era of living room entertainment — cloud-native SmartTV gaming. The studio targets a broad subscriber base of video streaming services and incorporates known IPs for added appeal.
- Essentially, their solution allows big audiences to play big-screen games by using their mobile phones as controllers.
- Return Entertainment is currently backed by Sisu Game Ventures, Bitkraft Ventures, Vgames, 1Up Ventures, SMOK Ventures, and now Samsung Next. So far, the company raised €5.3 million during its pre-seed and seed rounds.
- Apart from the deal, Vesa Jutila, an experienced sales and marketing executive, becomes the new CEO, with Antti Sartanen transitioning to the Head of User Experience role.
“I feel privileged to take the helm of this groundbreaking cloud-gaming company and join Return Entertainment’s superstar team. Cloud native will be the future of gaming and I look forward to working with our partners to let people experience effortless and instant gaming on their smart TVs,”Vesa Jutila says.
- The investment from Samsung Next will allow the company to further strengthen its financial standing and execution capabilities.