Reports of a major fire outbreak in the Czech office of developers S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
On September 7, 2023, there was a major fire outbreak in the Czech office of the Ukrainian company GSC Game World, which is currently working on the second part of the famous game franchise S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. This was reported by the Czech mass media.
- The incident happened in the company’s office in Prague. The company rents an office in a multi-story building on Na Pankraci Street. According to the Czech media, a fire started there due to faulty electrical equipment.
- No one was injured in the fire, but one of the three floors rented by the company was severely damaged by the fire and needs to be fully restored. Servers with backups were probably located there.
- The company’s representatives confirmed the fact of the fire, as well as that the incident is currently being investigated.
- PC Gamer quotes user Mol1t from the studio’s official Discord channel as confirming that no one was hurt and that the floor will require a complete overhaul. He also adds that “no anomaly, not even Zharka” will stop the developers on the way to the goal. This is a reference to one of the most dangerous Zone anomalies in the game, which appears as a barely visible cloud of red-hot air that, on contact, turns into an area of extremely high temperature that destroys all living things.
- It is not yet known how exactly the fire will affect the further development of the game. After all, its release has already been postponed several times.