Finnish Sparkmind.VC co-led €2M for Denmark-based edtech Swap Language
Aarhus-based Swap Language, a language training provider, has secured €2 million in a seed round of funding led by Amsterdam-based Mediahuis Ventures and Helsinki-based Sparkmind.VC. The satrtup plans to use it to expand its services into the German market.
- Swap Language, a Danish-based enterprise language training provider, aims to help international employees integrate into a new organization through its blended learning platform. Founded in 2017, Swap Language uses a combination of engaging video content, AI-generated exercises, and real-life online speaking lessons.
“It is the future we have been fighting for for years, and with this investment, we can add more languages and new tech to democratize the ways that we serve internationals. With the word ‘democratize’, I have another announcement: As of today, we have launched our second-generation platform, giving all internationals in Denmark free access to the Swap Language Learning universe!”Nichlas Walsted, сo-founder and CEO at Swap Language commented.
- The fresh investment was co-led by:
- Amsterdam-based Mediahuis Ventures (MHV), a the VC arm of international media group Mediahuis. It focuses on seed and Series B rounds. Their portfolio includes edtech and future of work companies.
- Sparkmind is the first Nordic venture capital company focusing on the learning sector. The VC invests from pre-seed to Series A stages. Since the launch of their first fund in 2020, Sparkmind has invested in more than 20 companies, including Kide Science, Fuzu, Oneday, and Female Invest.
- Swap Language plans to use the funds to expand its services into the German market. The company also aims to add more languages to its platform. Additionally, the company intends to develop a fully-fledged AI teacher capable of replacing human teachers in teaching both speaking and writing skills.