Czech-Slovak fintech startup Blockmate secures €1.5M investment
Blockmate, a Bratislava-based provider of financial services has secured €1.5 million led by Seed Starter of Česká a Slovenská spořitelna. Among investors are investment funds Tensor Ventures, DEPO Ventures, Token Ventures, BADideas.fund, ZAKA Ventures, and Diaspora Ventures.
- Founded in 2017 by Andrej Coplak and Peter Lauber, Blockmate provides analytical insights into the world of digital assets and connect it with open banking. Through its platform, it offers the ability to onboard over 300 million users, analytics, risk assessment, interaction with crypto portfolios, and a range of other financial functions.
- In addition, Blockmate’s technology uses the Open Banking standard to connect cryptocurrency users with over 25,000 existing fintechs. Their clients included news agencies, government, and financial institutions.
- The round saw participation from a group of European investors:
- Seed Starter, a program that helps startups with the go-to-market phase and engages their projects in the Slovak Savings Bank’s environment. The largest portion, amounting to €760,000 comes from this program.
- Tensor Ventures, Czech deeptech-focused fund
- DEPO Ventures, a Prague-based fund, focusing on early-stage startups from CEE and the Baltic region
- Czech Token Ventures, with a focus on venture investments into blockchain technologies, building crypto infrastructure (validators, servers, hotspots), occasional trading, education, and advisory services.
- BADideas.fund, an angel investor syndicate investing €50-€150K tickets in post-MVP startups in CEE.
- ZAKA Ventures, a family office investing in pre-seed and seed startups.
- Diaspora Ventures, a pre-seed fund that supports European entrepreneurs building tech companies in the US.
“This investment round allows us to accelerate our efforts to revolutionize financial services and bridge these sectors. We firmly believe that this partnership represents a unique opportunity for innovation and growth, both for users and financial institutions,”says Andrej Coplák, co-founder and CEO of Blockmate.