Ukrainian-founded startup Deskree secures €1.4M in a seed round
Toronto-based Deskree, a no-code cloud infrastructure tool, has secured €1.4 million in a seed round of funding. The investment saw participation from several investors, including Czech ZAKA VC, Ukrainian VC funds Flyer One Ventures, and Vesna Capital, Siliconcanals informed.
- Deskre.e was founded by Dmytro Grechko in 2021 as an internal project of Deskree Studio, aiming to address the struggles in finding a cost-effective and efficient solution for backend infrastructure. The platform can simplify backend infrastructure creation by eliminating the need for expensive DevOps and cloud architect specialists.
- Deskree is available for both SMEs and large corporations. The number of Deskree users has grown from 300 to 10,000 developers worldwide over the last year. Most of them are based in North & South America.
“Our client created a backend for a platform in 4 days instead of the four months he originally planned. It was a global industrial cleaning supply company that budgeted $40,000 on that; it spent just $400. We then scaled the project from 100 API requests per hour to 1.5 billion requests.”Dmytro Grechko, the founder shares Deskree’s story.
- The list of investors was participated by several investors:
- US-based Forum Ventures, an early-stage fund, startup accelerator, and community for B2B SaaS tech startups.
- Hustle Fund, a seed fund from California that seeks to invest in early-stage startups operating in software, business-to-business, fintech, and digital health sectors.
- N49P, a Toronto-based early-stage venture capital firm focused on Canadian startups and Canadian founders.
- Flair Ventures, a pre-seed venture capital fund based in Toronto.
- Czech VC funds Zaka VC, which recently co-led the investment for Austrian traveltech startup Tripmakery.
- League of Innovators, a national Canadian charity.
- Flyer One Ventures, with offices in Kyiv, London, Warsaw, and mainly invests in online education, digital health, mobile apps, adtech, and AI/ML. In March 2023, it backed $550,000 for Belarusian Filmustage.
- AAl VC, a Canadian VC fund that backs tech-driven startups globally from seed to Series A rounds, with $50,000-500,000 checks.
- Vesna Capital, an investment fund created by Ukrainian entrepreneurs.
- Deskree will use the investment to attract more users worldwide, develop new products, and partner with more cloud providers in the next 12 months, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.