Ukrainian IT is made of 2,300 companies, 72% are product companies — Incredible Tech catalogue
Ukrainian IT has developed rapidly and has become Ukraine’s second-largest export industry, comprising about 2,300 companies employing more than 360,000 IT professionals. 72% of Ukrainian IT companies are making products that can be found all over the world.
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine together with IT Ukraine Association, Top Lead, and Ukrsibbank have prepared the Incredible Tech catalogue. AIN.Capital shares the key points from it.
The role of Ukrainian IT in the economy, 2010-2022
- The volume of computer services exports grew 18.2 times, reaching $7.3 billion in 2022.
- The share of computer services exports in Ukraine’s total services exports reached 45.6%.
- The share of computer services exports in Ukraine’s GDP grew up 15.4 times, reaching 4.6%.
- The IT industry has become Ukraine’s second-largest export industry since 2010.
Portrait of the IT industry in Ukraine
- The Ukrainian IT industry comprises about 2,300 companies employing more than 360,000 IT professionals.
- 72% of Ukrainian IT companies make products.
- The number of IT specialists has doubled since 2017, reaching 362,900 specialists.
- Ukrainian IT education prepares up to 50,000 IT specialists annually.