Horizon Capital expands its new fund to $298M to invest in Ukrainian companies
29 September, 2023, 12:31
The American investment firm Horizon Capital has announced the expansion of its Growth Fund IV, L.P. (HCGF IV) to $298 million.
- Initially, the fund’s amount was supposed to be $125 million. But almost immediately after the news, the company announced that the amount of the fund would increase.
- In April 2023, the company reported that the volume of the fund amounted to $254 million.
- The current volume of the fund is $298 million. This is 65% more than previously planned, the company said.
- The funds will be invested in the next 4-5 years in companies in Ukraine and Moldova. A significant share of investments is planned to be directed to the technology companies.
- At the same time, this is not the final amount. Horizon Capital said it will continue to work with potential LPs until the end of December 2023, after which the fund will be finally closed.