Diia Summit 2023: key highlights from the first digital summit in Ukraine amid the war
On December 19, 2023, for the first time since the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Diia Summit took place. It is an annual event organized by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. AIN.UA attended and watched the live broadcast of the summit. We share the key highlights of the event.
More about Diia Summit
Diia Summit is an annual event in Ukraine focused on the information technologies, which has been held in Kyiv since 2020 with the participation of the President of Ukraine. The organizer of the summit is the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. The latest event took place on February 8, 2022. At that time, new online services were presented for the Diia app and website.
Diia Summit: The Enduring Digital State 2023: key points and announcements from the event
- To date, Diia includes 14 digital services and more than 130 online services. The potential economic effect of electronic services in Ukraine amounts to €838 million (UAH 34.3 billion) per year.
- This week, the service for exchanging housing certificate through Diia will be launched. The service is relevant for those who lost their homes due to the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Tonight, another service for buying and selling cars through Diia will be launched. The app will allow buy or sell a car through a smartphone, with the technical license, license plate number, and all other documents to be received by mail or courier.
- The Estonian app with Diia’s architecture mRiik is already in beta testing. With the support of USAID, there is also cooperation with Ecuador, and negotiations are underway with four more countries.
- In 2024, the Ministry is planning to launch the service called “e-Entrepreneur“ (єПідприємець), which will enable official registration of entrepreneurs, tax services, registration of capacity of food market operators, opening bank accounts, publication of vacancies, etc.
- Also in 2024, the team is planning to launch the Diia.Office service. Developed at the request of Volodymyr Zelenskyi, Diia.Office is an app for monitoring the productivity of officials.
- Diia 4.0. The Ministry of Digitization plans to turn Diia into a SuperApp for every day use. The first app update is now available. In particular, the documents were redesigned, the icons were changed, and the contrast of the interface was increased. Also, the team added a feed with personalized messages, news, polls, and a “Services for you” section.
- e-Residency. In 2024, the Ministry plans to present and launch a service for foreigners who come to live and work in Ukraine. The service is in the works since 2019.
Major plans for 2024:
- Open the Diia application base code.
- Launch the educational application Mriya, as well as e-Residency.
- Add the following services to the existing app: e-Marriage (with online certificates), doctor declaration, comprehensive service for veterans (with universal social assistance), electronic petitions.
- Among the top digital projects: e-Notary, e-Excise, digital transformation of statistics, State Consumer Service.