Polish startup Quesma raises $2.3M from Heartcore and Inovo VC
Warsaw-based startup Quesma has raised $2 million in a pre-seed round co-led by Heartcore and Inovo VC. The company aims to help customers innovate faster by reshaping how applications are built and connected to their database. Quesma announced the round to AIN.Capital via the press release.
- Founded in 2023 by veterans of the observability industry Jacek Migdal and Pawel Brzoska, Quesma deals with the most painful worries for many companies — the database outages. The company introduces a novel database gateway, bringing benefits similar to breaking the monolith into microservices.
- The solution will allow CTOs to seemingly switch applications and databases — by doing this, they are future-proofing the whole stack. The first release is planned for 2024 which will provide flexibility to ElasticSearch/OpenSearch interface. Quesma will launch as an open-core product, meaning that everyone can use it on their own.
- The fresh capital will help the company to implement its vision of becoming the ultimate gateway for databases within companies.
The pre-seed round was co-led by Heartcore Capital and Inovo VC. The company also raised an angel round from undisclosed participants.
- Heartcore Capital is an early stage venture capital fund founded in 2007 in Denmark, with offices in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Berlin, and Paris. It is a multi-product fund with 5 early-stage funds, 2 growth opportunity funds, and 1 web3 fund under management. It’s cumulative committed capital is approximately €770 million. This is Heartcore’s second investment in Poland, after Kontakt.
“Joining forces with Quesma aligns perfectly with our mission to support ventures poised to redefine their industries. Jacek and Paweł bring to the table a wealth of experience in the data architecture space and a unique blend of skills. Their vision and track record convinced us to co-lead this round, and we’re excited to be part of their journey,”Tomek Swieboda, Partner at Inovo, commented.
- Warsaw-based Inovo VC backs early-stage founders from Poland and the CEE region with up to €4 million of initial investment and helps them build global brands while driving the growth of the local ecosystem. Across 3 funds Inovo has over 40 companies in its portfolio — and six of them already have a valuation of over €100 million.