Romanian-founded healthcare AI startup Ezra receives $21M investment
NY-based startup with Romanian roots, Ezra has received $21 million in an investment round led by Healthier Capital. The investment will be used for the improvement of its AI-powered full-body scans solution.
- Ezra was founded in 2019 by Romanian entrepreneur Emi Gal with a mission to detect cancer early for everyone by offering a full body MRI scan of up to 13 organs and monitoring for possible cancer and over 500 other conditions. The company develops screening technologies using trained artificial intelligence to assess which elements of the MRI scan are essential to create a complete and accurate image.
- As stated by Ezra, its approach enhances image quality in high-speed MRI scans that are at the limits of the current standard of care. Currently, Ezra’s Full Body MRI is available in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, and Las Vegas.
With this incredible team, our new capital, and our new investors, I’m excited about continuing to pursue our mission of detecting cancer early for everyone. This year, 10 million people will be diagnosed with late-stage cancer. Our ambition at Ezra is to help all these individuals find cancer early, when it’s most curable. It has been 5 years, but it is still Day 1,Emi Gal, co-founder, CEO and CTO at Ezra, commented on the deal.
- The fresh round was led by Healthier Capital, a VC firm focused on applying innovative technology to healthcare. The US-based FirstMark Capital co-led the round which was also joined by Allianz Life Ventures.
- Existing investors Credo Ventures, a Prague-based VC firm, Seedcamp, LDV Capital, Accomplice, Founders Future, and several angel investors also participated.
- Thanks to the funding, Ezra is planning to further improve its technology, as well as expand its services to 20 new cities and 50 imaging facilities by the end of 2024.