Ukraine ranks 27th among the best countries for expats. Taiwan tops the list
20 May, 2021, 14:55
Every year, InterNations releases the Expat Insider ranking, a list of the best countries for expats to live in.
- The top-rated countries are Taiwan, Mexico, and Costa Rica
- Ukraine is No. 27 in the list of 59 countries.
- The bottom five are Egypt, Russia, South Africa, Italy, and Kuwait (the last one).
- Generally speaking, Ukraine is a very friendly country, and this is not a figure of speech – the country is in the top ten in terms of making new friends; it is easy to feel at home there, as well as build a career. However, the country has a bad environment, poorly developed transport, and is unsafe. That is why Ukraine is only in the middle of the list.
- Also, Ukraine is in the top 3 in the “cost of living” list. It is cheaper only in Malaysia and Vietnam.
- In total, countries were evaluated according to dozens of different parameters, from which the average score was derived. Over 12,000 expats took part in the survey.
- Overall, the report is interesting. Many European countries are considered a great place for expats, but the problem is either with languages or assimilation.
- Check out the full report at the link.