Ten Ukrainian startups receive 350k from the Ukrainian Startup Fund
The Ukrainian Startup Fund (USF) has announced the results of the 30th and 31st Pitch Days that took place on August 20 and September 24, respectively.
According to the USF, out of 24 teams that presented their ideas, six pre-seed stage startups were winners — they will receive grants of $25,000, and four seed-stage startups will receive $50,000 each. The total amount of funding will be $350,000.
The startups at the pre-seed stage ($25,000 grant):
- SmartZavod is a hardware и SAAS solution that fully automates and dramatically simplifies the prototyping process for hardware startups and R&D departments of companies (Kyiv).
- Innstoria is an online store builder which, using an Instagram page, can create a ready-made website in just 40 seconds with products already added (Kyiv).
- MATHEMA, an online math school for children grades 1-11 (Kyiv).
- InputSoft is a SaaS platform for optimizing the use of human and technical resources in airports (Kyiv).
- RiseMe creates personalized music that helps you to focus (Kyiv).
- SKIDS is a mobile app with animated books for children to instill a love of reading and learning (Lviv).
The startups at the seed stage ($50,000 grant):
- SPOKK is a digital insurance application for buying, claiming, and managing insurance policies. The main idea is to be an „insurance company in a smartphone” with no need to communicate offline (Kyiv).
- Gravitec is a web push service that enables small- and medium-sized businesses to fully automate their push campaigns. This allows them to get up to 25% additional traffic (Kyiv).
- TEHNOTABLE is the only Ukrainian producer of tables with an electronic lifting mechanism, which helps relieve stress from the back and strengthen the muscles of the whole body (Kyiv).
- StudyDive is a platform for managing employee development planning that allows companies to increase team involvement in training and reduce the cost of purchasing educational content (Kyiv).
The main criteria for project assessment are team, market, the feasibility of financing, idea (for pre-seed) / product (for seed), and development strategy.
The USF accepts applications for grants regularly. You apply on the official website.