Scopely acquires GSN Games from Sony for $1B
19 October, 2021, 12:25
- Scopely, a company that has in its portfolio such game titles as Wheel of Fortune: Free Play, The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, and Star Trek: Fleet Command, will acquire GSN Games from Sony Pictures Entertainment in a deal worth about $1 billion.
- Half of this amount will be paid in cash and the remainder in equity of the acquiring company, giving GSN Games a minority stake in Scopely.
- In November 2019, Sony Pictures Entertainment, which had already owned 58% of Game Show Network at the time, bought the remaining 42% from mobile operator AT&T for $380 million. And now, Scopely is acquiring the GSN gaming division from Sony.
- The portfolio of GSN Games includes such games as Casino, Bingo Bash, Solitaire TriPeaks, and WorldWinner. It has an office in Ukraine.
- The Kyiv office of GSN Games was opened on the base of the acquired Zaporizhzhia studio Idle Games, which had previously bought its contractor — Zaporizhzhia outsourcing company Trafford. According to DOU, the Ukrainian office of the company employs up to 80 professionals, with the total number of employees worldwide being about 400.