Finnish VC Innovestor launches €60M fund to invest in Baltic and Nordic startups
21 February, 2022, 13:40
Innovestor, a Finland-based venture capital firm, has launched a new life science & health fund focusing on startups from the Baltic and Nordic regions. The fund has completed the first closing of €60 million and aims to increase its capital to €90-120 million within 12 months, ArcticStartup reports.
- Founded in 2014, Innovestor is a Helsinki-based early-stage venture capital investment firm. It portfolio in the Nordics includes approximately 100 growth companies across multiple sectors of technology and life science & health.
- The new €60 million fund aims to find the next billion-dollar innovations from universities and strong research-based companies. State-backed Finnish Industry Investment acts as an anchor in the fund investing €30 million in it.
- The fund is the first in Finland in over ten years that focuses solely on life sciences. Innovestor’s ticket size ranges from €250,000 to €1.5 million. The maximum allocation with follow-on investments is €3 million per company.
- Currently, the company manages four VC funds worth a total of €190 million.
- Innovestor wants to invest in early-stage inventions of around 20 research-based companies to commercialize them and bring science to market.