War in Ukraine / May 10
Russia may stage a sabotage in the south of Odesa region
Yesterday we talked about Russia’s attempt to cut off Ukraine from ports and the possibility of exporting grain and other resources by water. This is one of the reasons why the Russian army is bombing bridges across the Dniester estuary: it is the only railway to ports on the Danube that can still continue to operate.
Another reason why cities are being actively bombed is the attempt to cut off Ukraine from the southern territories of Odesa region. Russia believes that this will destabilize the situation in the region and send troops from unrecognized Transnistria. If Ukraine does not manage to send troops quickly, it will be a new destabilizing factor for the Ministry of Defense, which will distract the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the powerful war in eastern Ukraine: the army has repeatedly confirmed that there is heavy fighting there.
Although the Transnistrian army is small, it is several thousand troops that will become an additional problem for the Odesa region. For more than two weeks now, Transnistria has been on high alert. Ukraine has repeatedly stated that such problems as with Kherson should not arise: the country is ready for a potential invasion, all Transnistrian military targets are in sight and ready to be destroyed, bridges are mined. However, immediately after the information about the possible invasion of Transnistrian troops in the southern part of the Odesa region appeared, the operational command “South” noted that an additional 2,000 participants in the territorial defense are currently being trained in the region.
This is bad news for Ukraine. Russia has concentrated its main troops in the east and is attacking powerfully in several directions at once, and even has small successes. The command of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine does not hide that from time to time it is forced to retreat, although not everywhere. At the same time, it is also not possible to concentrate all troops in the east: Russia continues to shell Sumy and Chernihiv regions, shells Odesa, keeps Transnistria under tension – and all in order to prevent part of the Ukrainian army from transferring to the east.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Two villages were shelled: Udy and Ryasne. In Ryasne, an agricultural enterprise, a warehouse with finished products, combines, tractors, and livestock were damaged. An outbuilding with livestock was damaged in Udy.
- There was a night shelling of the village. Russian troops shelled the main street, where the village council, the church and the school were located.
- As a result of the shelling, two houses and an outbuilding were destroyed, and a medium-pressure gas distribution pipeline was also damaged.
- Orihiv, Hulaypilske, Novoselivka, Novodanylivka, Zaliznychne, Kamianske, Malynivka, Bilohirya, Poltavka, Olhivske, Novoandriivka, Chervone, Pavlivka, Hulyaipole were shelled by Russian troops. As a result of shelling, reeds and grass caught fire in an open area near Komyshuvakha, 3 people were injured due to a shell hitting a house in Preobrazhenka.
- The Russians shelled the regional boarding school in Hirske. This regional special school, where children with special needs studied was renovated and equipped up-to-date. Fortunately, the boarders were evacuated from the school in advance.
- There was a missile attack at the field between the villages of Rudnya-Hats’kivka and Hats’kivka. The date of the strike is unknown, the fragments of a rocket were found in a sowing field.
- Russian troops launched missiles at the territory of the Zatoka village in the Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district of the region. As a result of the shelling, the cruise missile hit the bridge across the Dniester estuary, which had previously been destroyed by three missile strikes by Russian troops.
- The troops of the Russian Federation shelled the border settlements in the Sumy region: Velyka Pysarivka, Bilopillya, Krasnopillya and Yunakivka. As a result of the Bilopillya territory shelling, dry vegetation caught fire, and a large-scale fire started in the forest.
- There was a shelling of the outskirts of Mykolayiv from the territory of Kherson region using banned cluster munitions on the night of May 10. Private buildings, agricultural facilities and the power supply system of one of the settlements were damaged.
- The Russian army shelled the city, a gas pipe was broken due to the shelling.
- Russian troops shelled the city, the building of the fire department was damaged.
- There were two attacks from mortars on the territory of the Horodnya district of the Chernihiv region, which were carried out from the Russian village of Novye Yurkovichi. The consequences of the attacks are being investigated.
- There was a shelling of the region districts bordering the Dnipropetrovs’k region (1, 2, 3): Kochubeivka, Zahradivka, Ivanivka, Vysokopillya, Knyazivka, Novovoznesens’ke. A high-voltage line was damaged in the Kochubeiv community. Several households were damaged in Vysokopillya; there has not been any information regarding the dead or wounded civilians yet.
- [Other] The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has submitted for consideration to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine bill No. 0147 on withdrawing from the Agreement on Support and Development of Small Business in the CIS Member States.
- [Support of the economy] The Government of the Russian Federation approved the rules for providing state support for the construction and repair of kindergartens in Buryatia, Ingushetia and the Trans-Baikal Territory, according to which 6.3 billion rubles will be allocated for these purposes within two years.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.