War in Ukraine / June 8
Russia will unite the occupied territories into a separate federal district
Right now, Ukraine does not control about 24% of its territory. And Russia has no plans to return them. This is evidenced by talks in the administration of President Putin.
Previously, Russia planned to hold relevant referendums in the occupied territories in May, but due to the unstable situation at the front, this decision was postponed. Now they are returning to this idea after small achievements in eastern Ukraine.
According to the new plan, Russia will not leave these territories separate, as was the case with parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions before, but will join them to the modern territory of Russia. They want to create a separate federal district, and put Russian officials at the head, refusing to cooperate with local leaders. Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions are planned to be united, Crimea will remain separate.
In order to legitimize this process, Russia still plans to hold a referendum. Previously, there were two options: mid-July or September: the election of governors in Russia is planned for this period. Russia is now looking for people who can take over the leadership of Ukraine’s occupied cities.
The Ukrainian side has not yet commented on this information, but Zelensky has previously made two comments on the issue: 1) Ukraine will return its territories 2) the return will be only if it does not cost the country the lives of tens of thousands of soldiers.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
- Anonymous tipsters, angry at russia, help detect sanctions-busters
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- The shelling of the city in the Saltivka area, as a result of which 2 people received shrapnel wounds. Windows were broken from the shock wave, 2 cars were damaged. One of the shells hit the garage cooperative.
- Power lines and private houses were damaged.
- The village of Odnorobivka was shelled, a 51-year-old man was wounded in the neck. Warehouse caught fire due to the shelling. At 13:00, the village of Svіtlichne was also shelled, where 2 houses were damaged.
- Trudolyubivka, Bila Krynytsya, Tavtriiske were shelled by Russian troops. Oleksandrivka, Knyazivka were shelled from airсraft.
- Russian soldiers fired mortars at the border area of Sopych village, Shostka district, from the territory of the Russian Federation. 10 explosions were recorded. As a result of the shelling, the administrative premises of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine were destroyed. A fire broke out.
- Russian troops using mortars and automatic weapons shelled the border area of Seredyna-Buda community Shostka district. 6 explosions were recorded. As a result of the shelling, a commercial civil building was damaged.
- Olhivske, Kamianske, Temyrivka, Chervone, Zaliznychne, Poltavka, Nove, Bilohirya, Uspenivka were shelled by russian troops.
As a result of the shelling, 2 high-voltage power lines were damaged, 1,100 consumers in 3 settlements were left without electricity.
- As a result of the shelling, 1 person received a mine-explosive wound.
- Russian troops shelled from artillery, mortars and MLRS civilian infrastructure in Severodonetsk, Lysychansk, Pryvillia, Orikhove, Ustynivka, Hirske, Katerynivka, Bilohorivka, Komyshuvakha, Mykolaivka and Pavlohrad. There were also air strikes on Toshkivka, Zolote and Verkhnokamyanka. In recent days, 6 residents of Lysychansk received injuries of varying degrees of severity.
2 shops of the Azot plant were shelled. One of them is an ammonia production shop. Chemical emissions were not recorded and the bomb shelter survived.
Damage that was made to residential infrastructure: in Hirske – 10 houses, in Orikhove – 8 houses, in Lysychansk – 4 houses.
- The territory of the border village Hirs’k of Koryukivka district was shelled by russian troops. 4 explosions were recorded. Presumably, the shelling was carried out from artillery.
- Russian troops shelled the city.
- In the afternoon, Russian troops shelled the Shyroke community. At night they shelled the Ingulka community.
As a result of the shelling of the Bereznehuvate community, residential buildings were damaged and one civilian was killed. In total, 20 people were injured in the region during the day.
- Russian troops hit the educational institution and the administrative building of Bakhmut. There were civilian people. The number of victims is being clarified. Two civilians were wounded.
- The Russian army shelled the city using cluster shells (1, 2). Three civilians were killed, six people were injured. The number of destroyed buildings is clarified.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.