Map of Polish funding ecosystem 2022: active VCs, business angels, and accelerators
The Polish startup ecosystem is growing rapidly. According to Inovo Venture Partners data, in 2021, the total funding of Polish startups provided by local and international VCs amounted to €793 million (3.6 billion złotych). Meanwhile, the first quarter of 2022 hit the record, resulting in €250.7 million (1.16 billion złotych) in investments.
Inovo Venture Partners has created a map of the Polish funding ecosystem in 2022 that includes lists of active local and foreign VCs, business angels, and accelerators. AIN.Capital publishes the details.
There are nearly 200 active VCs and CVCs in Poland now:
- Sixty-six active local VCs that made investments during January 2020-June 2022;
- 128 foreign VCs invested in Polish companies within the timeframe mentioned above;
- and at least nine CVCs.
Ninety-seven new international VCs have started to invest in Poland, including the world’s tier-1 VCs:
- Warsaw-based cryptocurrency payments startup Ramp has closed a $53 million round from Balderton Capital, NFX, and Seedcamp;
- Polish cloud automation startup Spacelift has closed a $6 million Series A round from Blossom Capital and Insight Partners;
- Polish AI software startup Zowie has raised a $14 million Series A investment from 10x Founders, Gradient Ventures, and Tiger Global.
There are also:
- Forty-eight active business angels in Poland. The list of them is here;
- Thirty-one accelerators for the earliest startups — here is the list of them;
- Seven venture builders. The list of them is here;
- Two matching programs aimed to help find a co-founder or clarify your business idea. Click here to check out the list of them.
About Inovo Venture Partners
Inovo Venture Partners is a VC fund that focuses on Poland and the CEE region. It backs early-stage, post-traction startups with up to €3M of initial investment and helps them build global brands while driving the growth of the local startup ecosystem. Booksy, Tidio, Zowie, and Preply are among its portfolio companies.