Finnish Maki Ventures co-leads €3.4M seed round for Ever Dye, a French deeptech
03 February, 2023, 13:25
Helsinki-based venture capital firm Maki Ventures has co-led a €3.4 million seed round for French deeptech startup Ever Dye, together with Asterion Ventures. Entrepreneur First also joined the funding, ArcticStartup reports.
- Founded in 2018 Ilkka Kivimaki and Pirkka Palomak, Maki.vc is a Nordic seed-stage VC firm. The fund focuses mainly on deeptech, commercial products, commercial services, consumer food products, healthcare technology systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and technology sectors.
- The firm currently invests from its Fund II, which has €100 million under management. Its average ticket size ranges from €200,000 to €2 million. Maki’s recent investments include Strise, IQM, and TILT Biotherapeutics.
- Ever Dye was founded in 2021 in France by Ilan Palacci and Amira Erokh. It is a deeptech startup developing an innovative dyeing process combined with a bio-sourced pigment to depollute the textile industry. It allows dyeing mills to dye textiles faster, using less energy, and without petrochemicals.
- Apart from Maki Ventures, Asterion Ventures also co-led this round. It is a French VC focused on funding climate tech and impact startups at pre-seed and seed stages. Entrepreneur First, the UK-based global talent investor, also joined the round.
- With the new funding, Ever Dye will shift its production and its dyeing process to an industrial scale. The company also wants to triple its workforce over the next two years.