Market One Capital joins a €5.1M round for British Connect Earth
Warsaw-based VC fund Market One Capital has participated in a €5.1 million investment round for Connect Earth, an environmental data company. The round was led by Gresham House Ventures, with the Polish fund joining as the existing investor, EU-Startups reports.
- Connect Earth is a London-based environmental data company founded in 2021. The startup offers a carbon tracking API, aiming to democratize easy access to sustainability data. It empowers entrepreneurs and organizations to make sustainable choices, by offering their customers transparent insight into their daily climate impact.
- So far, the API has been integrated with large European banking groups such as KBC Bank, community banks like Bank Purely, as well as several fintechs across Europe and the US, including Cogni, Ribbon, and Jules.
“We strongly believe that in the future, sustainability and carbon footprint awareness will become a major factor, influencing decision-making for businesses and customers alike. Connect Earth is working on providing a key piece of infrastructure that will make it a possibility,”Jakub Ślusarczyk, Partner at Market One Capital, commented.
- The round was led by Gresham House Ventures. The participating investors included Love Ventures, Global Brain, The Norinchukin Bank, Portfolio Ventures, Super Capital, and other strategic angel investors.
- Market One Capital, a Warsaw-based Pan-European early stage venture capital fund investing into marketplaces, digital platforms, and SaaS, joined the round as the existing investor, together with Mustard Seed MAZE and Venista Ventures.
- Connect Earth will use the fresh funds to scale up operations in Europe as well as boost expansion to the US.
Earlier this month, Market One Capital added a German B2B startup METYCLE to its 60+ portfolio companies.