Austrian edtech Ada Growth secures funding from Calm/Storm and Fund F
Vienna-based microlearning app developer Ada Growth has secured an investment round from Austrian funds Calm/Storm Ventures and Fund F. The startup’s goal is to help women with professional growth, as well as help companies attract, retain, and grow female talent.
- Founded in 2021 by Kosima Kovar and Matthew Ziebarth, Ada Growth develops a microlearning mobile application that allows to put “a mentor in every woman’s pocket.” The app provides 2 minute videos, miniquizzes, action items, and summaries that lead to long-term behavioral changes in the workplace.
- The solution also contains a digital mentor that provides dynamic coaching to women, that can improve their professional growth. Currently, Ada Growth serves the B2B enterprises primarily to companies with over 400 employees.
“My team and I are building an impact-driven high-tech solution for women in the economy. How cool is that? We will disrupt the world of enterprise EdTech — and we will go big!”Kosima Kovar, CEO and co-founder, comments.
- The company is backed by Calm/Storm Ventures, a Vienna-based early-stage venture capital firm with a focus on femtech, and Fund F, a female-oriented Austrian fund launched in October 2022, investing in pre-seed and seed startups. Several angel investors also participated in the round.
- Although the amount of the deal is not disclosed, the company states that the total raised funding reached over €1 million.
- The fresh funds will be used to promote the Ada app in Germany and Switzerland, as well as to launch the English version.