Vienna-based Tilebox raises $1.7M to revolutionize space data management
01 August, 2023, 12:47
Tilebox, a space data platform provider, has raised a $1.7 million in a pre-seed round, according to Tech.eu. The investment was co-led by Cocoa Ventures, Possible Ventures, Remote First Capital, and participation from several angels.
- Founded by Laura Costa and Stefan Amberger in 2022, Tilebox provides the fully integrated midstream cloud platform that offers a solution for space companies to develop its data pipelines. The platform helps to fill the gap between Upstream and Downstream services: from data access and parallel processing to structured storage services, enabling space companies to build products.
- Tilebox claims that its solution helps space companies to develop its data pipelines 10x more efficiently and effectively. The platform eliminates friction between teams and the costly maintenance of suboptimal solutions.
- The round was led by:
- Cocoa Ventures, an angel group from London, that prefers to invest in seed-stage and early-stage companies.
- German Possible Ventures, a venture capital firm that targets biology, AI, robotics, cryptocurrency, energy generation, 3D printing, and space tech sectors.
- Remote First Capital, a venture capital investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, California. The firm seeks to invest in startups that improve remote work.
- Tilebox will spend the fresh round to expand the team and enhance its platform capabilities.