Austrian fund Calm/Storm invests in Béa Fertility during €2.9M round
Béa Fertility, an innovative fertility tech startup, has secured €2.9 million from Octopus Ventures, supported by JamJar and Forward Partners. Austrian fund Calm/Storm participated in the round as the existing investor together with Q Ventures, EU-Startups reports.
- Founded in 2020, Béa Fertility is a London-based startup that aims to make a transformative and inclusive new fertility offering available to people who are struggling to conceive. The company provides the first at home fertility treatment to early adopters in the United Kingdom.
- The company received support for their project from Octopus Ventures, the leading London-and-US-based venture capital fund. Other British funds including JamJar, Forward Partners, and Q Ventures joined in the round.
“We are so excited for Béa Fertility who are ready to launch their at home fertility treatment. An amazing team with an amazing mission!”Calm/Strom commented.
- Austrian digital health fund Calm/Storm backed the startup as the existing investor. In April 2021, the fund was the lead investor during €800,000 seed funding round for Béa.
- The new capital injection will be used by the startups to make the first Béa Treatment Kits that enable customers to carry out a procedure called Intracervical Insemination (ICI) safely at home.
- During their initial treatment roll-out, Béa will be collecting observational and efficacy data to close the data gap surrounding infertility. Over 1,000 people have already signed up to take part.