Norwegian fintech startup Strise raises €10M. Finnish Maki VC joins the round
Oslo-based Strise, a company that offers KYC intelligence systems, has raised €10 million in a Series A round of funding to accelerate the European expansion. The investment was led by Atomico, with the participation of Curiosity, Maki.vc and Sondo.
- Founded in 2016 by Marit Rodevand, Patrick Skjennum and Sigve Sorasen, Strise provides comprehensive, real-time KYC and AML checks, and flags high-risk business changes or newly-sanctioned companies for both human review and automatically, depending on the company’s risk profile. This allows compliance teams to stay on top of the changing data, regulations, and sanctions that can cause errors.
- In November 2022, Strise raised €3.3 million led by the Dutch venture capital fund Curiosity. Among its clients are major Nordic banks and fintechs, including Nordea, Danske Bank, and Vipps. In addition, Strise claims that its solution has reduced the time by 90%, and costs by 30%.
- Atomico, a London-based VC firm led the round. With this deal, Atomico Partner Don Hoang, a former senior executive at Uber and Revolut, will join the Strise board.
- Dutch venture capital fund Curiosity and Helsinki-based seed-stage VC firm Maki VC also joined the investment. In the beginning of the year, it co-led €3.4 million in seed round for Ever Dye, a French deeptech startup.
- This latest investment round will be used for Strise’s international expansion across key European markets, starting with the UK and expanding its customer base across the financial, insurance, legal, and other industries.