RKKVC and Level2 Ventures invest in Move AI during $10M seed round
Move AI, a platform that enables creating 3D animations from human movement, has raised a $10 million seed round with participation from the Polish investor RKKVC, as well as Play Ventures, Warner Music Group, and Animoca Brands. Level2 Ventures also participated in the round, the fund told AIN.Capital.
- Move AI is a London-based company that allows anyone to bring human motion to the digital world at scale. The company makes it easy to animate characters by turning 2D video into 3D motion data with its proprietary technology that uses advanced AI, computer vision, biomechanics, and physics — technology previously only available to major studios
- So far, the company has made significant progress in developing and scaling its motion capture products. Their single-camera motion capture solution, Move One, is currently in an invite-only beta, and enables motion capture with just an iPhone.
“Our goal at Move AI is to democratise 3D animation. We are excited to use this funding round to double down on our efforts to reduce the cost of 3D animation and make it more accessible to creators,”Tino Millar, Move AI’s co-founder and CEO, comments.
- Among the company’s investors are Play Ventures, a VC firm that invests globally in games and game services startups, Warner Music Group, a global music entertainment company, and Animoca Brands, a Hong Kong-based game software company and VC firm.
- RKKVC, a Warsaw-based family office venture capital fund, participated the round as a follow-on investor. In November 2022, the firm made its first investment in Move AI. Another VC firm founded by the Polish partners, Level2 Ventures also joined the round.
“Despite the ‘difficult’ times in the VC and tech market, we made a big follow-on in Move AI, our portfolio company in a financial round of over $10 million. In this deal, we also created a syndicate of investors consisting of great business angels, with whom we are trying to develop an ecosystem of international investments in RKKVC… I still believe that the best companies will always find financing :)”Mateusz Bodio, Founder at RKKVC, comments.
- This fresh funds strengthens Move AI’s leadership position in markerless motion capture and advances its products to digitise human motion.