Finnish AI governance startup Saidot secures €1.75M seed round
Helsinki-based AI governance startup Saidot has secured €1.5 million in a seed funding round led by Crowberry Capital and Ventic. Business Finland also joined, adding another €250,000 to the seed capital.
- Saidot is an AI governance and alignment company helping major public and private organisations to apply systematic AI governance and to communicate transparently about their AI. Saidot’s interdisciplinary team combines experience across machine learning (ML), technical safety, policy, digital transformation, and human-centered design.
- So far, Saidot has already acquired customers both in public administration (the Scottish Government) as well as the private sector (Deloitte).
“I am thrilled about this new phase of our growth journey. With the rapid advancements of AI, governance and safety have become critical factors for our clients’ generative AI successes. We are dedicated to helping our customers align their AI with human values and deploy it in compliance with the growing regulatory requirements,”Meeri Haataja, CEO and Founder at Saidot, says.
- The seed round was led by Crowberry Capital, a venture capital firm based in Iceland and Denmark that invests in seed and early-stage startups across the Nordics, as well as Finnish investment firm Ventic.
- Business Finland also joined the round, adding another €250,000 after selecting Saidot to its “Young Innovative Companies” program.
“We are incredibly excited to be backing Saidot. The potential does not lie in just their unique platform but in the great mission that they are on – enabling safe, ethical and trustworthy AI as a force for good in the world,”Helga Valfells, Founding Partner at Crowberry Capital, comments.
- The fresh capital will help Saidot to grow its AI governance platform and help organisations safely unlock the potential of generative AI.