Estonian Plural Platform joins $15M Series A round for Unitary
16 October, 2023, 15:51
Unitary, a London-based startup working in the field of visual content moderation, has announced the fresh $15 million in a Series A funding round. The investment was led by Stockholm’s Creandum with Paladin Group Capital and Plural participating.
- Unitary was founded in 2019 by Sasha Haco and James Thewlis, Unitary system classifies the internet’s information for users, platforms, and brands to enable safe online experiences. Its AI technology analyses multiple signals, the machine learning technology is capable of understanding the content of videos and images.
- Recently, the startup Unitary has launched across multiple languages, increased the team size to 41, and tripled the number of daily videos it classifies to 6 million a day.
- The investmwent was led by Creandum, pan-European early-stage venture capital firm operating since 2003. The fund has over 120 companies in its portfolio, Klaus, Lokalise, CAST AI. The investment saw participation from Paladin Capital Group, a global investor that supports cyber companies.
- Plural Platform also joined the round. It is an Estonian investment firm investing serious time and early stage venture capital in a new wave of world leading tech from Europe. In May 2023, Plural Platform co-led a €7 million pre-seed funding round for Proxima Fusion.
- Unitary will use this investment to bolster its research and development programmes, scale the team, and forge deep partnerships with the world’s leading social platforms and brand safety organisations.