Sigma Software Labs and USF announces UNICORN contest for startups from Ukraine and EU
17 October, 2023, 13:12
The application is open until November 1, 2023. To apply, fill out the form here.
- UNICORN startup contest is organized by Sigma Software Labs, the investment wing of Sigma Software IT company, and Ukrainian Startup Fund, a state institution that helps innovative projects and startups raise funds. Ukrainian VC firm SID Venture Partners, together with Sigma Software University, are among co-organizers of UNICORN startup contest.
- Startup from Ukraine and the EU that have raised no more than €500,000 are invited to participate. The organizers are primarily interested in b2b projects in the fields of adtech, AI, AR/VR, aviation, automotive, Big Data, blockchain, cyber security, edtech, fintech, and machine learning.
- Projects that have any connections and/or work with counterparties from Russia and Belarus are not allowed to participate. In addition, the participation in UNICORN is entirely free.
- The application period is from October 9 to November 1. The final demo day will be on December 1.
The competition will include educational webinars, networking events, and project pitches. In particular, there will be:
- a two-week training program on how to build a startup and avoid common mistakes;
- educational and networking events;
- pitching opportunities;
- no-equity grants of 2 x €1,000 and 1 x €3,000.