Helsinki-based Inventure leads а $2.5M investment in UltiHash
Inventure, a Nordic VC fund, has led a $2.5 million pre-seed round for UltiHash, a US-based provider of a sustainable data storage solution. The investment also saw participation from PreSeedVentures, Tiny VC, Futuristic VC, The Nordic Web, and other private investors.
- Founded in 2022 in San-Francisco, UltiHash offers a data storage solution that allows companies to grow data. It connects cloud and on-premises architectures with a unified storage infrastructure and maximizes the resource efficiency of Big Data applications.
- The company claims its infrastructure’s byte-level deduplication allows users to decrease storage needs by up to 50%. In addition to reducing storage needs, UltiHash also helps to save millions on unnecessary storage and network costs.
The list of investors:
- Inventure, a Helsinki-based VC with €230 million of assets under management, focusing on seed and Series A investments across the Nordics and Baltics. Recently, the firm also led $6 million seed round for getpaid, a payments solution provider.
- PreSeedVentures (formerly Pre-Seed Innovation) is an early stage investment company from Denmark.
- Tiny VC is a UK-based fund, that invests $150,000-200,000, mostly in European startups at pre-seed and seed stages.
- The Nordic Web is a Solo GP Fund investing in early-stage Nordic founders and startups.
- The round also saw participation from Antti Karjalainen, founder and angel scout for Sequoia Capital, and other private investors.
The fresh investment will allow UltiHash to sustainably accelerate companies’ data usage. It will launch its high-performance data storage software that aims to boost the capacity of existing storage drives.