Poland’s Movens Capital and Cogito Capital Partners join $7M round for Sky Engine AI
Sky Engine AI, a London-based synthetic data cloud platform, has raised $7 million in a Series A funding led by Cogito Capital Partners with contributions from Edge VC, Taiwania Capital, Movens Capital, and HTGF | High-Tech Gründerfonds. The investment will support the startup’s growth.
- Sky Engine AI is a generative simulation and deep learning platform that produces fully annotated synthetic data and trains AI computer vision algorithms in parallel at scale. The platform is architected to procedurally generate highly balanced imagery data of photorealistic environments and objects, and provides advanced domain adaptation algorithms.
- The company leverages synthetic data with applications ranging from AI Drones and UAV navigation, to crowd analytics, military simulation, and training to help companies get to market faster and with greater accuracy. According to the company, in the last 18 months it has tripled the revenue and scaled the team to over 40 members.
The list of investors in the round:
- Cogito Capital Partners, a Warsaw-based venture capital firm which supports growth of later-stage B2B tech companies from CEE in 3 key sectors: enterprise software, fintech, and healthtech.
- Edge, a VC firm from London which invests in seed and Series A stage UK companies in rounds of up to £5 million.
- Taiwania Capital, a venture capital which focuses on investing in technologies and biotech areas startups that are Taiwan or US-based with disruptive and advanced technology.
- Movens Capital, a Warsaw-based VC firm oriented on AI-driven companies, fintech, SaaS and platforms (marketplaces), deep tech, and industry 4.0 companies in Europe and the US.
We first invested in Sky Engine A in the 2021 seed round. It aligned perfectly with our focus on early tech startups with the link to CEE poised for European and global impact. With an exceptional team, led by Bartek Włodarczyk and Jakub Pietrzak , and a unique IP, Sky Engine AI is not just creating a product but pioneering a fundamental shift in how AI models are developed,Artur Banach, Partner at Movens VC, commented on Linkedin.
- The list also included the German seed investor, High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) which finances tech startups with growth potential and has already supported more than 700 startups since 2005.
Sky Engine AI will use the fresh capital to accelerate the startup’s growth as it helps data scientists, machine learning, and software engineers working on computer vision projects.