Ukrainian startup Awesomic raises ＄800k for international expansion
14 March, 2023, 17:14
Awesomic, a Ukrainian designer matching platform, has raised $800,000 in fresh funding, Tech.eu reports. The round added on to the $2 million seed round that the company raised in late 2021 from Y Combinator, F1V, and several other investors.
- Awesomic is a platform that helps companies find their best-fit designers quickly. It runs on a subscription basis, where customers receive task status updates daily during a workweek.
- The platform was founded by Roman Sevastyanov and Anastasia Pavlyshyna in 2020. The company has completed over 10,000 projects for more than 1,500 clients, including such companies like Reface, Ciklum, Reply.io, and others.
- In 2021, Awesomic was selected for the summer accelerator program at Y Combinator and received an investment of $125,000. Later the same year, it secured additional $2 million during seed round from Y Combinator, F1V, SID Venture Partners, 10x Value Partners, and Pretiosum.
- Now, the company raised another funding of $800,000. The investment was provided by Pioneer Fund, Flyer One Ventures, Red Rooster Ventures. Y Combinator managing director Michael Seibel, and Y Combinator group partner Jared Friedman also participated alongside other undisclosed, yet existing, backers.
“As an investor, we are proud of Awesomic. Its team has shown resilience and dedication at such a tough time — amid the war and economic turbulence,”Vital Laptenok, General Partner at F1V, commented.
- The company plans to use the capital to expand its geographic footprint and overcome the effects of the war in Ukraine.
Earlier in 2022, AIN.Capital talked to the co-founder of the startup, Roman Sevastyanov, about the work of the team and clients in war conditions. You can read the material here.