Austrian PIUR IMAGING raises €4.9M for its AI-based 3D tomograph solution
Vienna-based medical device developer PIUR IMAGING has raised €4.9 million to scale its AI-driven tomographic 3D ultrasound solutions to the US. The round was led by Ascend Capital Partners and Aescuvest, who joined the company as a new shareholder, EU-Startups report.
- Founded in 2015, PIUR IMAGING is active in the field of diagnostic ultrasound imaging and is specialized in acquisition and visualization of 3D ultrasound images. The company aims to provide access to affordable, high-quality healthcare through its solutions everywhere.
- One of its products, PIUR tUS Infinity is the only vendor-independent tomographic 3D ultrasound solution on the market. It can extend any regular ultrasound system with a tomography feature that allows volume acquisitions of organs and structures, using the AI-driven analysis.
“With tUS Infinity, PIUR IMAGING offers integration of software into newly built hardware from legacy device manufacturers. We see significant advantages of this kind of add-on compared to breakthrough technologies as ultrasound technology is globally accepted and understood. Therefore, the solution is easy to explain, and users can see the benefits right away,”Sebastian Gührs, Partner and Head of Investment at Aescuvest, commented.
- Ascend Capital Partners is the lead investor in the round. It is a EU-dedicated healthtech venture capital and financial advisory firm providing financial services and investment opportunities to innovative companies.
- Aescuvest also became PIUR’s shareholder along with the lead. It is a Germany-based healthcare dedicated fintech company on a mission to facilitate and enable investments into medical breakthrough innovation.
- Thanks to the fresh funds, PIUR is planning its expansion to the US market, as well as a large collaboration with a leading pharmaceutical company in coming months.