Estonian VC Superangel co-leads a €1.75M round for BeCause
Denmark-based sustainability tech startup BeCause has secured €1.75 million in a fresh seed funding round. Estonian VC firm Superangel co-led the investment together with Ugly Duckling Ventures, PhocusWire reports.
- Founded in 2018, BeCause develops an AI-powered hub that makes sustainability management flow simpler, faster, and cheaper than ever for travel and tourism companies. The startup enables the industry to make a positive impact on people, planet, and its profit.
“We came in as a co-lead on this fundraising because we believe in the power of BeCause to increase certified sustainability and decrease greenwashing in the accommodation sector. We are also very impressed by how fast the team has built a product that some of the world’s biggest brands are comfortable using,”Kart Siilats, venture partner at Superangel, commented.
- Superangel is one of the lead investors. It is a Tallinn-based early stage investment fund and company builder, helping to start and grow the next wave of European technology startups. In October, the firm lead another financing, back then it was Estonian agritech startup Paul-Tech.
- Ugly Duckling Ventures is also one of the leads this round. It is a Denmark-based early-stage VC firm, helping Nordic startups get ready for scale, faster.
- The round comes on top of $450,000 in angel investment announced earlier this year.
- BeCause will use the funding towards further growth, as well as expanding to other fields of travel industry, including corporate travel and destinations.