Speedinvest closes fourth flagship fund at €350M
Vienna-based Speedinvest has raised new capital and closed its fourth fund of €350 million to support early-stage startups. The current final close of Speedinvest 4 is €50 million above its initial target.
About Speedinvest 4
- The fourth fund was dedicated to new early-stage investments. The first close of Speedinvest 4 was held in December 2022 at €300 million. An additional €250 million was also raised in 2022 for selective follow-on co-investments in Speedinvest portfolio companies. The total assets raised for the fourth fund is more than €600 million.
- Several new LPs joined the final close of Speedinvest 4 including, Aviva, PwC Germany, Bitburger, ODDO BHF, and Abeille Assurances Ventures. Long-term investors, the European Investment Fund (EIF), and first-time investors, Generali, joined the first close alongside other globally recognized government funds, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, and large family offices.
This incremental capital gives us even more firepower to support our courageous, innovative entrepreneurs in their journey to global success as we stay consistent with our target portfolio size. In times where access to capital in our industry has been the scarcest in the last ten or more years, reaching this milestone is an amazing testament to how investors share our vision of creating a pioneering, pan-European investment platform, which is both scalable and highly impactful for our portfolio companies, our LPs, and the wider European ecosystem,Oliver Holle, Speedinves’t CEO and Managing Partner said.
Among several investments via Speedinvest 4, are:
- a €4.1 million round for French fintech startup finres;
- a $3 million seed round for French traveltech startup Fairlyne
- a €9.2 million seed round for Berlin-based Mercanis.
A majority of these companies have already raised successful follow-on rounds from tier-one VCs.
Speedinvest has over 40 investment managers across the continent and offices in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, and Vienna. In addition, the fund has built the seed stage investment team in Europe across six dedicated vertical teams: Climate Tech & Industrial Tech, Deep Tech, Fintech, Health & TechBio, Marketplaces & Consumer, and SaaS & Infrastructure.