Polish VC market report: €192M over 93 investments in Q2 2022
The Polish funds PFR Ventures and Inovo Venture Partners have prepared a quarterly report summarizing transactions in the Polish venture capital market in the Q2 of 2022. AIN.Capital shares the most interesting insights.
- The report’s data shows that between April and the end of June 2022, there were 93 deals carried out with 111 Polish and foreign investment firms involved. They provided over €192 million (916 million zł) to Polish companies.
- The total amount of financing raised by Polish startups since the beginning of this year reached €418 million (over 2 billion zł). It is 76% more than for the same period of 2021.
- The average amount invested in Q2 of 2022 was over €2 million (9.9 million zł), which is 60% higher than in the previous quarter and is the second highest figure ever. The highest was in Q4 of 2021 and reached almost €2.6 million (12.4 million zł).
- Meanwhile, the biggest investment rounds in Q2 of 2022 belong to:
- Customer service automation startup Tidio, a $25 million Series B investment led by PeakSpan Capital.
- Behavioral data analytics platform Synerise, a $23 million Series B round led by Carpathian Partners.
- Robotics startup Nomagic, a $22 million Series A investment co-led by Khosla Ventures and Almaz Capital.
- RFID tags manufacturer Talkin’ Things, a $20 million round led by TDJ.
- Payroll tech provider Symmetrical, a $19 million Series A round led by Target Global.
- AI software startup Zowie, a $14 million Series A investment led by Tiger Global Management.
- Many new top VCs invested in Polish startups in the second quarter, including Peakspan Capital, Tiger Global, Almaz Capital, and 500 Global.
- Talking about the sources of capital invested in the Q2 of 2022, 29% were public-private capital, and international funds accounted for 72% of deal value. At the same time, 75 of the 93 deals were based on public-private capital. Seventy-eight deals were conducted by Polish teams.
The report shows that the Polish funding ecosystem has been developing rapidly this year. On the previously published by Inovo Venture Partners map, you can check out the lists of all currently active local and foreign VCs, business angels, and accelerators.